Jan 13, 2013

Chris's Guitars

My dear friend Chris is a professional musician.  He writes his own music all the time, plays guitar and signs the songs he's written.  I truly love listening to him playing his guitars.  Yes, plural, more than one, several in fact. I've noticed that every one of Chris's guitars are the same, though I suspect they are all tuned differently for different songs he plays.  I don't know what kind of guitars they are, though am sure if Allen and Heath at Guitar Center were to see them, they would know right away what kind they are.  I know enough about guitars to be able to say they are acoustic, though not enough to tell you what brand they are. Whatever they are, I can tell you that they make extremely nice music when Chris Madsen plucks or strums those strings.  It is truly a blessing to sit quietly and listen.

My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who I am.
~Joan Jett~
 
An uncle of mine emigrated to Canada and couldn't take his guitar with him. 
When I found it in the attic, I'd found a friend for life.
~Sting~





No comments: